Looking for a new role can be a daunting task to say the least. Whether you are looking for a new role due to redundancy or you have decided on a career change, having a helping hand along the way can be very beneficial especially if you have been in the same role for many years.
Staying abreast of the market and the way organisations recruit is important, luckily Selection Partners has a job search tool called Careering. Find this at www.careering.com.au. Careering provides you with all the assistance needed to get your job search underway and give you the best possible outcomes.
Developed by an accredited Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA) coach, Careering can assist with the following:
- Gaining career clarity – helps determine what path you want to take your career
- Recognising your transferrable skills – helps determine what your transferrable skills are and how you can utilise these in your next role
- Assisting with creating the perfect resume and cover letters – a number of sample resumes and cover letters are available along with advice on what to include and what not to include in your applications
- Creating a personal brand – helps you create a personal brand online and on paper
- Interview preparation – provides possible interview questions and how best to answer them
- Tailoring applications – reduces the number of applications whilst increasing interviews
If you have been out of the job search game for a while, you need to be aware of the way Recruiters or Hiring Managers source candidates these days with the introduction of social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and even Twitter. Careering covers this too!
Once you have secured your dream job using all the tips in Careering, you now need to start thinking about how to fit in with your new team, all of this is also covered.
To find out more about Careering visit www.careering.com.au or please call one of our friendly consultants on 03 9832 8100.
Happy job hunting!