February, 2015 | Selection Partners | Executive Recruitment, Melbourne

Let’s Progress….

It seems the market has decided Christmas is finally over, and everybody is getting back to the business of focusing on their career. From a candidate’s point of view options are now starting to appear that for the past few months have been, let’s say “limited at best”. Given my experience; I’ve seen the same cycle over and over again, people begin to reassess their own personal…

Creating a practice of personal development

Many of us have created a practice around things in our lives that are important, such as meditation, yoga, exercise or sport to help improve our skills and how we feel about life, however, have you taken the same approach to building your skillset to get that promotion, new job or in starting up your own business? Wikipedia defines Personal development as including activities that improve…

Being New….

Transitioning into a new environment whether that new environment is a new job, new home, new state or even new country can be tough for people in varying degrees. Most experienced employers know that giving someone three months or so to find their feet, to settle into the culture and understand how a company works is imperative to that person’s success in the position and…

How to maintain the perfect work environment in a growing business.

Attract, Change, Develop, Transition The above key growth outcomes are the staples Selection Partners is built upon. We consult and deliver assignments to our clients to assist them to manage outcomes in these key areas. Namely via: Attracting new talent to businesses through search campaigns; Working with businesses to manage and optimise change; Developing staff capabilities through executive coaching and training; and Transitioning staff from…

New year, new resolution

  Here we go again! Often, we start like a rocket and then slowly we lose our momentum. According to the Journal of Clinical Psychology only 8 percent of people achieve their goal – what happens to the other 92%? Let’s take a step back and get a better understanding of what a New Year Resolution is (from Wikipedia) – “A New Year’s resolution is…